Who doesn’t love an egg hunt? Dairy-free chocolate eggs are hard to come by, but very easy to make. Did you know eggs and bunnies are symbols of spring and fertility? According to Gaelic, Druid and Pagan beliefs, Eostre is the Goddess of Spring, Fertility and New Life, all beautiful things worth celebrating this weekend. So with just 5 ingredients and no baking required, you can whip these up tonight!
Ingredients (makes 9):
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 0.5 – 1 pint of raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- mini muffin pan or chocolate mold
- Melt coconut oil by warming its jar in a bowl of hot water.
- Use a food processor or blender to puree raspberries (or mash by hand).
- Pour raspberries into a small mixing bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Whisk until well-combined.
- Scoop spoonfuls into your mold or unlined muffin pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- In the morning use a knife to loosen the edges of each chocolate. They should pop out. If not, freeze for longer.
- Keep cool in freezer or fridge until eaten.
- cocoa powder (cacao is even better) = high in antioxidants, may lower LDL cholesterol, can reduce high blood pressure, and may act as an antidepressant
- coconut oil = anti-inflammatory, may positively impact thyroid function, may improve cholesterol profiles by increasing HDL cholesterol, use is controversial in the scientific community due to high saturated fat content so I use in moderation
- raspberries = low glycemic load, high in antioxidants, high in fibre, may help lower inflammation
If you want to receive an email when I post a new recipe, keep scrolling to find the button to follow my blog!