Talk about starting the day off strong with a punch of anti-oxidants. Every ingredient in this breakfast is nutritious and it takes about 10 minutes to prepare: 5 minutes the night before and 5 minutes in the morning. The key is in perfecting the chia pudding layer to the consistency you prefer as this breakfast can work with almost any fruit.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen berries (cherries & blueberries), organic if possible
- toppings: pomegranate
- Whisk together oats, chia seeds, almond milk and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning puree frozen fruit in food processor.
- Get creative layering the oat mixture with fruit mixture, or simply mix everything together.
- chia seeds = high in omega 3s which can help decrease high testosterone and improve egg quality
- blueberries = low GI fruit, may help to lower blood glucose levels
- cherries = low GI fruit, may help lower inflammation
- cinnamon = may help balance glucose levels, lower cholesterol, and decrease triglycerides in blood
- pomegranate = may help lower cholesterol and triglycerides